Custom Search

WE'RE MOVING TO A NEW ADDRESS !!!!!!

YES I HAVE MOVED THE BLOG TO A NEW ADDRESS AND HAVE A NEW NAME

LAKE ADVENTURE BLOG

http://www.lakeadventureblog.blogspot.com

I WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE MY EMAILS AT

lachipper@gmail.com

ubfriend@aol.com


STOP OVER A TAKE A PEEK AT THE NEW LOOK!

********************************************************************************************

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

COMMENT REPLY -- RULES

Anonymous to me
show details 4:45 PM (16 minutes ago)

Reply

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "rules + bod":

Would the party who made the statement that members have no right to vote on budgets, expenditures etc. please tell me which page, of the 1840, in Roberts Rules contain that statement!!!!Being a member of a Homeowners Association for over 20 years and Lake Adventure for 18 but must confess really didn't bother to get involved until someone told me about the Chipper last month and after reading entries am really shocked to find out all the issues that exist. First off, the duly elected board has the responsibility to work for the membership and not their gains, as people have indicated with members getting electrical upgrades, road and sewer repairs while others who are not friends of board members flounder. Yes, there is a lot of mis-doings going on if even .01% of these is true. But the main response is that members have no rights. Are we in Cuba or other countries run by dictators, we damn well do have the right to vote on where our money is going so before the party who made that statement should read Roberts Rules updated version as of 2006 to see how an organization such as LA should be run. As far as people making supposedly false statements they should be taken with a grain of salt, plus, if people wouldn't feel threatened if they verse their opinions about what's going on they would put their names in blogs, I sure as hell won't after hearing threats at the August meeting against CCLA members. As CCLA goes I too wonder, as a blogger mentioned, how much their lawyer costs in comparison to what we are being charged by the lawyer who was to solve our trailer problem only to generate more anger towards LA by the township!!! Election time is coming and property owners should reflect their approval or dis-approval of board members up for re-election personally I observed one member, while I spent my three weeks up there last summer, I believe his name is Lennie who was trying to get repair work done on property owners lot that had been dug up with a hole the size of a bomb crater and saw him there numerous times along with a woman board member doing supervisory work that should've been done by a manager or maintenance supervisor. If they are up for re-election they will get my vote and only wish other board members took that kind of interest. I wish I was in the position to run for the board but family obligations and work prevent this but I can assure you when retirement rolls around and I do have the time I will take a greater interest in LA and where my dues are going.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to read something from an owner who makes sense as oppose to the friend of the board president who only wants to ignore the fact that former board presidents & board members have run Lake Adventure like their private kingdom with the lowly servants having no rights to republish that ridiculous letter he wrote condemning CCLA when he is spending money on the lawyer to fight against property owners right to vote on the budgets and wants to make it only right for 7 elected members to decide on much dues are for 1749 lots.
    That was Lenny Masucci, board member you saw who has a reputation of helping property owners when they can't get the help from our maintence to perform work they get paid to do and there is only 1 woman on the board the one elected last year Marietta Richard who I and many others saw on job sites & working in office after Gary was fired. Understand that she volunteered to oversee work that was needed until a property manager was going to be hired. All I know is that I didn't see those two board members sitting at the pool enjoying themselves like our esteemed Pres. & Treasurer, Ed Rohs. I guess you know who I am voting for if they are running. I am anonymous because I don't want Mr. Berkey blaming me for his mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALL THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE FOR CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT ASSOCIATIONS SUCH AS OURS BY PA LAW MUST BE RUN UNDER ROBERTS RULES OR GO TO A LIBRARY OR INTERNET AND LOOK IT UP.
    AS TO THE QUESTION OF WHERE IS THE ELECTRIC BEING UPGRADED I STOPPED & ASKED WHEN I SAW THEM INSTALLING IT IN FALL & WAS TOLD BY JOE BIRREL, COMPLIANCE OFFICER FOR LA THAT THE WORK WAS NOW BEING DONE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PARK BECAUSE THAT IS THE OLDEST SECTION & FIRST SECTION PUT IN IN 1976 AND WOULD CONTINUE BEING INSTALLED SO THAT OLDEST SECTIONS WOULD GET UPGRADED & THAT THIS WOULD IMPROVE THE OTHER AREAS AS WORK PROGRESSED. THIS CERTAINLY MADE SENSE TO ME RATHER THAT GOING TO MAYBE PERFERED AREAS WHERE BOARD MEMBERS HAVE THEIR LOTS. MAYBE WE FINALLY HAVE SOME MEMBERS THINKING OR HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN THOSE WHO SERVED ON BOARD BEFORE. FROM WHAT I HEARD FROM OTHERS THE FIRST SECTION THAT WAS DONE ALL THE WAY IN BACK OF PARK WAS DONE BECAUSE 3 BOARD MEMBERS HAVE LOTS BACK THERE & PM KNEW WHERE HIS BREAD WAS BUTTERED, YOU THINK?

    ReplyDelete