Custom Search

WE'RE MOVING TO A NEW ADDRESS !!!!!!

YES I HAVE MOVED THE BLOG TO A NEW ADDRESS AND HAVE A NEW NAME

LAKE ADVENTURE BLOG

http://www.lakeadventureblog.blogspot.com

I WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE MY EMAILS AT

lachipper@gmail.com

ubfriend@aol.com


STOP OVER A TAKE A PEEK AT THE NEW LOOK!

********************************************************************************************

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

comment + 12' wide issue -- more

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "comment + 12' wide issue":


Good point. I didn't buy property to make a monetary winfall but invested in a place that will be fun for the family but that won't continue if the appeal is gone if old, rusted and abandon trailers increase. People selling their lots with a trailer can't even get back the money they paid for their lot 10 years ago which may not be the case at some other communities. My neighbor said she would give her lot away for free just to get rid of the dues and taxes and it's still on the for sale by owner list. I know I'm not going to make money when I try to sell my lot, my thought is I don't want any abandon trailers in my neighborhood so I don't have to consider selling sooner than planned. We need new housing whether it be 12' wides or 8.5' wides but I hear many are waiting for 12' wides and the longer they wait the older and less appealing the neighborhoods appear to prospective buyers. In looking at new trailers the cost of a tipout was only slightly less than a 12' wide. Right now the dealers have a lot of '07 and '08 stock of 12' wides and are offering good discounts on them while the 8.5' still have to be special ordered at full price. The park models do depreciate quickly but for about the same money you get a better built home. If you check the specs of 8.5 vs a 12' you'd notice just about everything is upgraded on the 12'er making it more energy efficient for both heating and air conditioning.

1 comment:

  1. I might be off base on this one but it would seem that the folks who are looking for 12 wide trailers still up keep the site they are on. As far as the old rusted trailers these are sites that have been abandoned or people who are at a point in their lives where they don't know what they want to do with their property at LA or are unable to get someone to buy it. I don't think the unsightly sites have anything to do with the 12 wide issue

    ReplyDelete