Custom Search

WE'RE MOVING TO A NEW ADDRESS !!!!!!

YES I HAVE MOVED THE BLOG TO A NEW ADDRESS AND HAVE A NEW NAME

LAKE ADVENTURE BLOG

http://www.lakeadventureblog.blogspot.com

I WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE MY EMAILS AT

lachipper@gmail.com

ubfriend@aol.com


STOP OVER A TAKE A PEEK AT THE NEW LOOK!

********************************************************************************************

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

comment + 12' wide issue + question

Anonymous said...
Does the twsp keep the certified copy of the survey or make a copy? Apparently they actually come out to the site and check the placement of a new trailer. Does LA keep a copy in your file? How did the twsp know that a new trailer was slightly over the easement if they didn't already have a current copy of a survey? Sorry about so many questions but I'm seriously thinking I need a new trailer next season and don't want to lose half the summer on logistics if I can help it. All the information I've gotten on this site in the last few weeks has been very helpful. Thanks for everyone's input.

December 2, 2008 7:38 PM



Anonymous said...
LA is requiring us to get permits from them before going to the town for decks, platforms, gazebos and screenhouses. Is there a fee for these LA permits? If so, that means we have to pay twice - once to LA and then to the town!

December 2, 2008 7:59 PM

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the town does keep the actual survey on file. You can get an additional copy from your surveyor for your own records. I also gave a photocopy of it to LA for their files (to avoid any other screw ups on their end in the future).

    My trailer was noted as not compliant when I applied for a DECK permit. A certified survey is required by the town with that application. I don't know if they inspect your site if you are just getting a new trailer - you don't need a trailer permit from the town. But if your trailer is not in the right placement, you may have a problem in the future if you have to go to the town for any of their permits. I strongly urge anyone who is getting a new trailer to get a survey done beforehand. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete